The History of Kanjor is complex and extensive. As a consequence, the emergence of new evidence means that it's early period is subject to constant re-evaluation. In contrast, Kanjor's more recent history has been maintained with detailed records and there is less subjectivity as a result.
- 1 Pre-Selucian history
- 2 Selucian rule
- 3 The Interregnum (1956 - 2070)
- 4 A Search for Kanjorien Identity
- 5 Foreign Intervention
- 6 Era of International Involvement
- 6.1 Terres Libérées de Kanjor / Patrie Zapatista de Kanjor (Union Canrillaişe) (2304 - 2314)
- 6.2 Confédération Kanjorien-Canrillaişe (Union Canrillaişe) (2314 - 2326)
- 6.3 République de Kanjor
- 6.4 Confédération des Deux Kanjors (2340 - 2465)
- 6.5 Union de Seleya du Sud (Province de Kanjor) (2465 - 2514)
- 7 The Quiet Era
- 8 Kingdom or Republic?
- 8.1 The Royaume de Kanjor & the First, Second and Third Républiques Populaire Démocratique de Kanjor
- 8.2 Royaume-Uni de Kanjor et La Tondelle
- 8.3 King Antoine I 4629-4643
- 8.4 Republic 4643-4666
- 8.5 Queen Evylin 4666-4684
- 8.6 King Louis IV 4684-4699
- 8.7 King Charles II 4699-4723
- 8.8 Republic 4723-4810
- 8.9 King Louis VI 4810-4853
- 8.10 King Philippe VI 4853-4876
- 8.11 King Robert I 4876-Present
Pre-Selucian history[edit | edit source]
Selucian rule[edit | edit source]
The Interregnum (1956 - 2070)[edit | edit source]
- The Interregnum saw a variety of popular governments, and a period of low-scale civil war as various factions; some ideological, some regional.
War with Morbanack[edit | edit source]
- 2047: Morbanack-Martois War -- Kanjor's king wished to end republic raids and aid to republic forces fighting against the king & he sent in several divisions to teach them a lesson
- war was short but bloody
- Kanjorien forces were only allowed two-months in Rildanor's country & only allowed to go 100 km in
- in areas within Morbanack that Kanjorien forces moved, they scorched earth within 20 km of border with either Martois & Oléri-des-Grâces
- four major guerilla attacks by Morbanack forces killed 300 Kanjorien soldiers; King pulls out & declared victory
Resolution[edit | edit source]
A Search for Kanjorien Identity[edit | edit source]
République Kanjorien (2070 - 2118)[edit | edit source]
L'Empire Kanjorien (2118 - 2207)[edit | edit source]
= elected Emperor
Capitainerie générale des deux Kanjors (2207 - 2245)[edit | edit source]
- elected Capitaine-Général
République grande de Kanjor (2247 - 2266)[edit | edit source]
Foreign Intervention[edit | edit source]
Kafuristani Colony?? (2267 - 2276)[edit | edit source]
The Collapse???[edit | edit source]
- 2274, a royalist uprising erupted in Meriath, led by the aging Edmund I and his son Hénri, which soon overran government forces on the island. When news of the revolt reached the mainland, many noblemen and their supporters quickly sailed for Meriath, hoping to rally behind Edmund and restore the monarchy. A planned invasion of Rildanor from Meriath soon took effect and royalist forces focused their attention on the capital Tirali, but the ensuing conflict drew in nearby countries, including Kanjor, Saridan, Aldegar, Kafuristan, Gishoto, Dorvik.
Saint Empire Kanjorien (2275 - 2290)[edit | edit source]
- run by Conseil grand d'Exarques
- elected Grand Exarch; then was Timothée I followed by Timothée II
Domaine Oligarchial Totalitaire de la Kanjor (2290 - 2304)[edit | edit source]
Era of International Involvement[edit | edit source]
Terres Libérées de Kanjor / Patrie Zapatista de Kanjor (Union Canrillaişe) (2304 - 2314)[edit | edit source]
Confédération Kanjorien-Canrillaişe (Union Canrillaişe) (2314 - 2326)[edit | edit source]
République de Kanjor[edit | edit source]
2326 - 2340:
Confédération des Deux Kanjors (2340 - 2465)[edit | edit source]
ended in January of 2465
Union de Seleya du Sud (Province de Kanjor) (2465 - 2514)[edit | edit source]
- union of Alduria, Kanjor & Rildanor
- went defunct in early 2500; but Kanjor did not change the name of the country until March 2514
The Quiet Era[edit | edit source]
L'Etat Libre de Kanjor (2514 - 2696)[edit | edit source]
Kingdom or Republic?[edit | edit source]
- question of establishing a monarchy in Kanjor developed during the 2th century, although on all occasions it was soundly defeated
- subsequently, the nation from this point forward was split not ideologically but by their support for the Monarchy or republicanism, although often ideological alliances developed between these two camps. Royalists became associated with the liberal middle-classes and a less state-driven economy, while the Republicans tended to be sympathetic to communism and the maintenance of the role of the State.
- era seen as a constant battle between two factions, primarily the Royalists and the Communists. The Royalists ceased to exist as an electoral force as of 2941, signalling the beginning of the age of Republican Consensus and the fall of the monarchist idea from fashion.
The Royaume de Kanjor & the First, Second and Third Républiques Populaire Démocratique de Kanjor[edit | edit source]
(RK) 1 November 2696 - 14 July 2699 (2 years, 8 months)
(Free Land of Kanjor) 14 July 2699 - 31 January 2708 (8 years, 6 months)
(RK) 1 January 2708 - 2 December 2740 (32 years, 11 months)
(RPDK) - The First République Populaire) 2 December 2740 - 1 January 2759 (18 years, 1 month)
(RK) 1 January 2759 - 3 October 2774 (15 years, 9 months)
(RPDK) - The Second République Populaire) 4 October 2774 - 31 October 2850 (76 years)
(RK) 1 November 2850 - 1 February 2889 (38 years, 4 months)
- HRH King Frédéric crowned on 1 November 2850
- HRH King Patric Frédéric crowned on 1 March 2851; abdicated 15 June 2884 - see First Lord Camille Daladier & the High Lord Protector of the State and Executor of the Monarch position
- HRH Queen Sophie Irène crowned 20 June 2884; dethroned 1 February 2889
(RPDK - The Third République Populaire) 1 January 2889 - 5 June 2960 (71 years, 5 months)
- 2894: People's Commission
- 2942: first election with no Royalist presence; Republican Consensus
Royaume-Uni de Kanjor et La Tondelle[edit | edit source]
(RUKT) 5 June 2960 - present
Sept - January 2972/3 - The Communist Malaise; PRT inter-party violence in which several high-ranking officials and numerous lesser party members were killed in various parts of Kanjor, esp. Martois. Party faction leaders used armed paramilitaries and small deathsquads to root out each other's supporters. The party was officially fractured until former-Trade and Industry shadow minister Ninette Foucault took hold of the party and guided back to its radical Communist roots
3020s, Royal Union tried to change the culture of Kanjor from Canrillaişe to Ichredone. AFK reborn to protect Canrillaişe-ness.
Royal Union had new King under Constantijn I of the House of Angevin; House of Angevin was ousted by the AFK and Parti Conservateur Royaliste and House of Orléans-Vasser was returned to Throne.
King Antoine I 4629-4643[edit | edit source]
Republic 4643-4666[edit | edit source]
Under the justification of a terrorist attack by alledged communists in La Couronne in March 4643, the Parti Impérial absolished the monarchy in place of an emergency president and suspended elections. In 4655, Kanjor became a formal republic. In 4657, the following cities were renamed:
Beauclair >>> Oustres
Belfort >>> Villebrun-sur-Mer
Toussaint >>> Argens
Bayonville >>> Atyr
Fort Champlain >>> Loitiers
La Nouvelle Couronne >>> Arbrantes
Le Dauphin >>> Cap-Oriental
Bordeleaux >>> Vallepin
Lyonesse >>> Mavigny
Sainte-Claire >>> Neuchalet
Val Royeaux >>> Mienau
La Couronne >>> Haulemps-sur-Mer
Mousillon >>> Marchâtel
Port-Réal >>> Torges
Voubaix >>> Grandelet
Débarquement-de-la-Reine >>> Côte-Verte
Retraite-du-Roi >>> Venfors
Saint-Simon-de-Gochelle >>> Le Palais
Ville Royal >>> Bonogne
Argens >>> Argentes
The Nouvelle Union Gauche/Socialiste returned to power in 4664 and would rule unchallenged until 4683 taking the nation into a progressive socialist direction. They restored the monarchy in 4666 with Queen Evylin.
Queen Evylin 4666-4684[edit | edit source]
Queen Evylin was supported by Nouvelle Union Gauche/Socialiste and led the nation with leftwing policy reforms that were often at odds with the populace. She was succeeded by King Louis IV in 4684 upon the dissolving of the Nouvelle Union Gauche/Socialiste and the rise of the Parti royal démocrate.
King Louis IV 4684-4699[edit | edit source]
King Louis IV enjoyed the support of the Parti royal démocrate until 4690. Nouvelle Union Gauche/Socialiste would resurface in 4692 creating an uneasy relationship until his death in 4699
King Charles II 4699-4723[edit | edit source]
King Charles II was supported by the Nouvelle Union Gauche/Socialiste until 4704 and then became an absolute monarch. In 4723, Charles II was overthrown by the Le Congrès du Peuple upon the dissolving of the Nouvelle Union Gauche/Socialiste. Kanjor would remain a republic for the next 87 years.
Republic 4723-4810[edit | edit source]
Le Congrès du Peuple transformed Kajor with a flurry of legal reforms and treaty ratifications opening Kanjor up to the rest of the world. In 4735, the regions of La Tondelle (Est), La Tondelle (Ouest), and Oléri were renamed to La Tondelle, Silliers, and Val-de-Azur. The cities of Oustres, Mienau, Les Palais, and Venfors were renamed to Savigny, Picard, Le Cher-Comte, and Ile-de-Canrillaise. The ambitious domestic and foreign policy agenda of Le Congrès du Peuple came to an end in 4740 when the party officially dissolved. For the next 20 years, the Parti Populaire Unifié and the Parti Libéral Fédéraliste would compete for power until 4760s. The En Avant Ensemble would establish Kanjor as a short-lived socialist republic from 4786-4794. The Parti Urbain would restore the federal republic and rule until 4802. After a series of one-party administrations, the republic finally fell in 4810 to the monarchists.
King Louis VI 4810-4853[edit | edit source]
The Monarchy was restored to Kanjor in 4810 under the leadership of the Front Nouveau Canrillaise. King Louis VI, of House of Orléans-Vasser would reign as HOS from 4810 to his death in 4853 upon being succeeded by his son, Philippe VI. King Louis VI would enjoy one-party rule until 4832. He would then rule as absolute monarch until 4847 when the Les Communautaristes took power. However, this would be short-lived and, again, King Louis would reign as absolute monarch until his death in 4853.
King Philippe VI 4853-4876[edit | edit source]
Philippe VI of House of Orléans-Vasser succeeded Louis VI in 4853 and was suppported by the Parti Royal Democrate until 4866 and then ruled Kanjor as an absolute monarch until his overthrow in 4876. Philippe VI was invited to rule Alduria in 4860 and is still the ruling monarch to this day. He was also the monarch of Lourenne from 4856-4874. From 4860-4874, he was considered the undisputed Canrillaise Emperor. For reasons unknown, his power quickly collapsed in Lourenne and Kanjor in the 4870s ending the Canrillaise Empire.
King Robert I 4876-Present[edit | edit source]
In 4876, the House of Alarie under Robert and his brother, Stanly, took advantage of the power vacuum left behind by the Parti Royal Démocrate's exit, the ruling party since 4866. In May 4876, Stanly Alarie won the governor-general election and his party, the Loyaliste Royaliste Parti, won 72% of the vote. In January 4877, Robert I was made King of Kanjor in a bloodless revolution that saw the overthrow of Philippe VI of the House of Orléans-Vasser. King Robert I also enjoyed support from the Silverbug Shareholders, a loyal opposition party.