Trigunia has seen several periods of extreme political polarization. Trigunia was home to the foundation of the United Kerissian Socialist Republic and its numerous successor states, it has also had periods of extreme autocratic periods where it the House of Mashkov dominated the Trigunian Tsardom as the Tsar of Trigunia. The country has seen few periods of center governments, it is considered to be one of the leading political powers in Terra. Trigunia is home to the Trigunian people, who are also called Rodshyan. They primarily speak Rodshyan, which is also sometimes called Trigunian. The second largest population is the Kozaki, who call Zarvospol home along with the Zarvosen people. The Kozaki speak a close form of Rodshyan but have minor differences, the majority of the Zarvosen people speak Zarvosen which is similar to Rodshyan but again, like Kozaki, different.
Government and politicsEdit
Trigunia is a semi-presidential republic with an executive Head of State, the President of the Trigunian Federation (Rodshya: Президент Тригунской Федерации, transl. Prezident Trigunskoy Federatsii) acts as the head of state. The head of state is responsible for the appointment of the Prime Minister of the Trigunian Federation who also appoints the Council of Ministers. However, the cabinet needs always of a vote of confidence by part the legislature to be confirmed.
The legislative power is vested in the State Duma which is the lower house while the Federal Council is the upper house. The bicameral legislature is comprised of 550 seats, 100 seats in the upper house and the 450 seats in the lower house. Both houses are known as the "Federal Assembly" and holds sole legislative authority within Trigunia. The Assembly has various committees which are tasked with specialized areas regarding the operation of the Trigunian state. Among its members usually are elected and appointed the members of the cabinet and of all its the several committees.
In Trigunia, there are 5 regions known as Regions (Rodshya: область, tr. oblast) which have elected Governors (Rodshya: Рубернатор; tr. Gubernator) which are elected during national elections. The Oblast governments comprise the Governor and a an Oblast Council (Rodshya: Областной совет; tr. Oblastnoy sovet) which is comprised of 125 seats. Oblast' are followed by a second level subdivision known as Raions (Rodshyan: Район, tr. Rayon) which vary by region. Raions are headed by locally elected raion councils, these councils exercise control over lower level sub-divisions such as cities or towns.
Major cities traditionally consist of their own "Raion" that acts as a city council.
The Trigunian government as means to quell religious or political dissent sometimes create special "Repblics", which are ruled semi-autonomously, however they are considered to be that of an oblast. The only existing oblast as of April, 4515 is the Abreken Republic, located on Lesnov and is comprised of mostly ethnic Ahmadi Trigunians.
|Flag||Coat of Arms||Area||Population||Oblast Government||Districts|
|Brakav||Kaiserburg||87,300 km||17,233,432||Oblast Duma||13|
|Radin||Rodshyadam||402,000 km||19,925,484||Oblast Duma||34|
|Vrosnok||Petrovgrad||354,000 km||19,931,735||Oblast Duma||28|
|Zarvospol||Zarvosopol||254,100 km||19,954,967||Supreme Oblast Council||25|
|Lesnov||Sebenogorsk||203,400 km||19,961,643||Oblast Duma||30|
Military and law enforcementEdit
Smallest and southernmost is Tirgith; home to most of the ethnic Hulstrians, containing the province of Tirgith
total land area of 1,300,800 km² (808,279.647 mi²); 21st largest nation of Terra by land area.
- highest latitude of a country, stretching from 52° North at the southern tip of Tirgith to 64° North at the northern tip of Lesser Chadonya
- close to Polar circle at 66° 56' North
- Because of high latitude, there are large seasonal variations in daylight. From late May to late July, the sun never completely descends beneath the horizon in areas north of the Polar Circle, and the rest of the country experiences up to 20 hours of daylight per day. Conversely, from late November to late January, the sun never rises above the horizon in the north, and daylight hours are very short in the rest of the country.
- 24 to 65 in (610 to 1,650 mm). Coastal areas are subject to intense storms, wind, and rain. Winter temperatures average between -11°C and 1°C, and in summer between 6°C and 15°.
- moderating influence of the sea, except in inner Chadonia; esp. around the mountainous areas
- northern parts of Itäsaari are windswept, stormy & inhospitable
- western parts of Chadonia are wracked by storms; but high hills protect the coastal plain where most of the cities are located; therefore, cities have good climate & only moderate winters
Flora and FaunaEdit
- western Chadonia is evergreen forests; as is most southern of Yulrath
- southern coast along the coastal plains is more temperate forests or open meadow land
- northern coast of Chadonia & nearly all of Itäsaari is rugged & rocky with few trees, mostly low grassland, lichens & mosses
- most northern areas have layers of permafrost; however, most of the islands do not
- largest mammals on island, mostly Chadonia, are Severnyj olen (Reindeer), & Trigunskiĭ medvedʹ (Trigunian Bear), mostly on Itäsaari is Severnaya poni (Northern Pony)
- large number of polar bird species flock to the islands in the spring and autumn
- birds include puffins, wrens, etc.
Demographics and cultureEdit
«We are changing the alphabet; abandoning the old Tokundian alphabet for an old Latin one.»
(Culture Minister Andrei Ivanovich Volkonsky, 2905)
The largest ethnicity of Trigunia is that of Trigunians (Rodshya: Triguniye), making up roughly 87% of the population. Due to past poverty, political oppression, and geographical factors Trigunia has not seen large influxes of immigrants like many other nations of Terra have and therefore, its population has remained relatively homogeneous.
The most widely spoken language in Trigunia is Rodshya. Rodshya is a Delic language related to Deltarian. In the past, the language used a derivative of the Tokundian alphabet but in the last several hundred years the language has experienced mass Latinization.
There are three dialects of Rodshya spoken in Trigunia: Tirgithye spoken on the island of Tirgith; Dam spoken on the main island of Greater Chadonya; and Novyii found exclusively on the island of Lesser Chadonya.
«The final step in tearing down Communism and dictatorship must be the privatization of the education system.»
(Education Minister The Rt Hon. D.S. Derzhavin, 9th Baron of Regrinsky)
|Nations of Keris|